There’s no doubt about it Weslo treadmills are some of least expensive treadmills on the market ranging from $500 down to just $199 (with a manual version on offer when I looked at $99).
Unfortunately, I have to say that you usually get what you pay for to a large extent with home exercise equipment and Weslo is no exception.
Be careful that you don’t buy fitness equipment which suits your budget but is not suitable for your requirements especially if you plan to use your treadmill regularly.
Most people are truly disappointed (and for good reason) when they buy a cheap treadmill.
Range of Weslo Treadmills
There are just a few different Weslo treadmills listed at their website.
- Weslo 50SE Treadmill – the top of the range model from Weslo at $500 but still not our top pick
- Weslo Cadence C44 Treadmill – the most popular Weslo Cadence treadmill. The C44 has features which go beyond the basics but it’s really the basics you should be paying close attention to. Find out more with this Weslo Cadence C44 review.
- Weslo Cadence G-25 Treadmill – suitable only for light walking both from a power point of view and from the width of the belt – just 13”
- Weslo Cadence C22 Treadmill – similar to the G25 – very basic, not powerful, spacesaving, suitable only for walking – but then a very cheap treadmill See a full review of the Weslo Cadence C22 treadmill
- Weslo Cardio Stride Plus – this motorised Spacesaver treadmill was on special offer for just $99 when I checked at the website – almost as much as the cost of shipping it to your home. But do you really think you will get a machine you are happy with at that amount? Read this review of the Weslo Cardio Stride Plus for more details.
- Weslo AerobicStride 2.0 Manual Treadmill – if you’ve decided to go for a manual treadmill (despite our best advice!) then this one may suit you. See a detailed review of the Aerobicstride Weslo manual treadmill for more information.
These are the only models sold at the time of writing (August 2007) on the Weslo website but you will find references to a number of other models around the web such as the Weslo Cadence C72, 200, 450, 805, 850, 920, 930, 1005 and ex14 models.
If you are going to buy a Weslo treadmill then my advice would be to go for one of the mainstream models which the company themselves are still selling and which you can find in a number of other places such as Amazon – you may then find replacement parts etc more easily.
All Weslo products are sold with a 30 day trial period when bought from their website. This would be great except Weslo treadmills generally have a shipping charge (currently around $85) which is NOT refunded and you will be charged for return shipping too as well as a 10% restocking charge. A very expensive way to try out a machine and find out it’s not for you!
Our advice – do your research before you buy not afterwards.
Weslo Products are inexpensive but most only come with a 90 day limited warranty as standard (although some of the more expensive treadmill models have a longer warranty on their motor) Make sure you check this. Do you really want a treadmill which the manufacturer is not confident enough to warrant beyond three months without you paying an additional amount for cover?
Troubleshooting, Service, Replacement Parts and Manuals for Weslo Exercise Equipment
For customer service and replacement parts for Weslo treadmills and other Weslo equipment see the Weslo customer service center on their website. ( http://www.iconservice.com/weslo/index.html )
You can order replacement parts if your treadmill is out of warranty or arrange warranty repairs/replacement parts via the phone number on the site.
You can also download the owner manuals from that site for Weslo treadmills or purchase hard copies from the Weslo service center. You’ll find a treadmill troubleshooting guide there too.
Our Weslo Treadmills Rating is no more than 1 out of 5. Weslo treadmills are inexpensive (as treadmills go) but the truth is I’m afraid you need to pay a bit more for a quality product.
Where to Buy Weslo Treadmills
Weslo fitness equipment can be purchased online from their website at http://www.weslo.com or from Amazon and its merchants.
Just remember that, if you want to get fit at home without spending a fortune, a cheap treadmill is not the way to go. I could not recommend any electronic treadmill to you costing less than $500 that you would not be sorely disappointed by.
If you really want to get in shape at low cost,take a look at our home gym for $100 project where you’ll find you can get a complete set of effective equipment that will cover all your fitness needs for less than $100.