Sole F85 Treadmill - Simply the Best?
The Sole F85 treadmill is the top of the range treadmill from a well-respected company.
It has been nominated by several sources as the best folding treadmill on the market and we have made it our Top Buy in the $2000 price range.
Sole treadmills have been chosen by the Hilton hotel group for their in-room service and it is the F85 which they have chosen for the most part (along with some F77 models).
So why do we recommend it so highly?
Features of the Sole F85 Treadmill
- The F85 Sole treadmill has a 3.5 HP continuous duty motor - one of the most powerful motors you can buy at this price range and it will cope with speeds from 0.5 mph up to 12 mph as well as inclines up to 15% - fine for serious runners and beginners alike.
- The two-ply double-woven belt measures 20" by 60" - ample for the longest stride and tallest runner and it boasts the Cushion flex whisper deck shock absorption system to make running easier on your knees and ankle joints helping to prevent injuries. In fact this system has been shown in a study to reduce impact by 365% compared to running on asphalt.
- The Whisper deck system makes the machine incredibly quiet compared to other treadmills. It's the way the deck and belt work together which reduces friction and the usual "whirring" noises that treadmills often have.
- 2.75" large rollers mean that there is less wear and tear on the bearings and a smoother ride.
- The treadmill is great if you don't have space to leave the machine permanently in place - it comes with an Easy-assist folding feature which allows you to fold your treadmill away and let it down gently without assistance. A lock holds it firmly (and safely) in place when it is folded and the horse-shoe base makes sure that stability is not reduced in use. (Something you have to watch out for with folding treadmills).
- The large and user-friendly club-style console sports a six window tricolor LED display with message board which continuously displays your speed, incline, time, distance, calories burned and pace as well as your heart rate. There is also a quarter mile track and peak and valley graph for use with the various programs.
- And you do get a good variety of programs with this machine. There are 6 auto programs, 2 user customized programs and 2 heart rate control programs which will prevent you getting bored and help keep you on track.
- Heart rate measurement comes from the included wireless chest strap or from the hand pulse grip. The heart rate control feature can calculate the target heart rate based on the user's age to provide an effective, safe and complete workout.
- Maximum weight capacity of 400lbs is much bigger than other machines at this price range and means it can easily cope with users big and small
- The warranty is good too - 30 years on the motor, lifetime on the deck and frame, 5 years on the electronics, belt and rollers and other wear components along with 2 years labor. This shows confidence in the equipment by the manufacturer and in fact the machines have very few service issues. If you take care to lubricate every 6 months or so, use a treadmill mat to help prevent dust and debris getting into the motor and keep your treadmill generally dust free you should have worry free operation for many years.
- Weight of the machine : 280lbs - this is a heavy machine designed to feel solid and stable
- Includes 2 cooling fans and armrest speed and incline controls
Alternative treadmills to the Sole Treadmill F85
The only alternative I might consider to the Sole F 85 at this price range is the Sole F77 which is the equivalent treadmill to the F85 without the folding option.
This makes it slightly cheaper (by about $100) if you don't need to save space or move your treadmill. I would advise against that small saving however because even just the ability to move the treadmill so that you can properly clean or more easily decorate is well worth the cost.
The Sole F80 treadmill is also a good option (at around $500 less) if you are not among the tallest and heaviest of users and therefore don't need the full length of the running belt (The F80 has 55" instead of 60") or the full power of the F85 motor (the F80 has 2.5CHP instead of 3.5 CHP in the F85).
Sole fitness treadmill F85 Reviews
"I have had nothing but positive experiences with this machine (had it for about 2 months and used it about 38 times so far). I have interacted with Sole customer care a couple of times to ask questions (eg, what is the formula for how calories are calculated by the console) and have been very pleased with their turnaround time on questions and overall helpfulness. For one of my questions, I put it in on Saturday night and had the response I needed on Sunday afternoon. Impressive."
Amazon Sole Treadmill Review See more reviews
We love the Sole F85 treadmill. It looks good. It's powerful, stable and solid. It has all the features you need for a great workout . All in all it is the one we would buy if we had a $2000 budget. No wonder so many consumer reviews we have seen have been favorable and it's Sole's best-seller.
Where to Buy the Sole F85 Treadmill
You can buy your Sole F85 treadmill from Amazon for a good price, usually with a discount.