Sole F63 Treadmill : A Great Buy?
The Sole F63 treadmill is a great buy if you don't have much money to spend and are looking for a quality treadmill that will feel good when you use it and last for years.
In fact, we think the F63 is one of the sturdiest treadmills you can buy at the cheaper end of the fitness market. It's a lot heavier than many (at 245lbs) and this gives it stability which you don't normally find in treadmills at this price. We recommend it highly for a treadmill around $1000.
It's not $5000 gym quality - for that you have to pay around $5000 (not surprisingly) but it is a great deal better than other $1000 treadmills or even many $1500 treadmills.
Given that most of us don't have huge wads of cash to lay out on a gym-quality treadmill, many are buying the F63 treadmill based on recommendations from our website and others. But what can you expect when you purchase one and why do we highly recommend it?
Features of the Sole Treadmill F63
- Sole treadmills in general have a good reputation for quality - Hilton Hotels have used Sole Fitness treadmills for many years for their in-room service. The same can't be said for the reputation of many brands where you see many complaints and quality problems and poor consumer review ratings.
- The Sole F63 treadmill has a 2.5 Continuous Duty Motor with 20 year warranty. The motor is the most important part of a treadmill and the one area most likely to suffer breakdown. A 20 year warranty shows great confidence on the part of the manufacturer in the quality of the motor (note that many manufacturers offer a mere 90 days warranty - what sort of confidence does that show?) A 2.5 CHP motor means that the treadmill will not strain even at high speeds.
- Though no treadmill is silent the Sole F 63 is relatively quiet in operation compared to other treadmills in its class
- On a deck size of 33" * 75" you get a generous 20" * 55" phenolic walking/running surface with shock absorption. This is wider and longer than most at this price range. And the Sole F63 has a powerful enough motor to cope with a larger surface area (cheaper motors would burn out quickly moving such a large surface).
- The two-ply belt is double-sided and can be flipped over to double its life.
- The Sole F63 has a quality epoxy powder-coated steel framework baked to appliance quality. The frame is welded rather than bolted for lifetime durability (and backed up by a lifetime warranty)
- Large 2.5" rollers reduce noise and wear and tear on the the belt and bearings (the larger the rollers the fewer the revolutions the rollers have to do to move the belt any particular distance. Bearings are one of the areas where wear might mean costly repair to your treadmill)
- The F63 treadmill has 6 standard programs including cardio-training and fat burning and 2 user defined programs
- The LCD Console provides feedback on speed, incline, time, distance, calories and pulse. There is also a 1/4 mile track feature showing your progress as if you were running around a track and a Peak and Valley graph.
- The F63 has the full range of speed you need (from 0.5 mph to 10mph) for walking and running and has an easy smooth start
- This Sole fitness treadmill has a variable incline up to 15% (great for fat burning) with rack and pinion gear design
- The F63 has a unique feature in that the speed and incline controls can be adjusted on the sidebars - making these workout factors easier to control - there is no need to reach forward to the console
- Although folding treadmills are usually more expensive and sometimes unstable, the Sole fitness F63 treadmill has a convenient folding mechanism with safety lock and it remains stable even at high speeds. This means you can safely tuck away and move this treadmill when not in use.
- The Sole F 63 offers heart rate measurement through both hand pulse grips and a wireless chest strap
- Two water bottle holders
- In-built cooling fans
- Large safety STOP switch
- Warranty : Sole put quality components into their machines to allow them to offer an excellent warranty package - one of the best ever for a low-price treadmill. The Sole F63 has a lifetime warranty on the frame, 20 years on the motor plus 3 years on other parts and one year labor coverage
- Maximum user weight : 325lbs
"I purchased this machine in xmas '06... 4 months and 223 miles later (per counter on machine) this treadmill is running like new. I'm 175lb runner pushing long runs on average speeds of 7mph to 9 mph. No issues at all. Very happy with purchase and I still think this is great value given cost / warranty offered."
Review of the Sole F63 treadmill
Any Problems/issues with the F63 Sole Treadmill?
The only real thing missing from the F63 is a heart rate control program (where the speed/incline is altered automatically in response to your heart rate). If it's something you would use a lot you may want to think again. On the other hand many people do not use this feature on their treadmill even when it exists.
Alternatives to the Sole F63
One thing you might want to weigh up is if it is worth paying extra for the next step up in the Sole line of treadmills - the Sole F85.
While the Sole F63 will give you the best performance of any treadmill around $1000, you may want to dig your hand deeper in your pocket for improved performance.
The Sole F85 has larger rollers than the F63 for a smoother ride and less wear and tear and an even longer warranty than the F63. It has the heart rate control program missing in the F63. Unfolding the F85 treadmill is easier than with the F63 as it has an easy assist mechanism for hands-free unfolding once you release the safety catch.
But the real advantage of the Sole F85 is in the better shock absorption with the Sole ground breaking proprietary "cushioned flex deck" system. Although the Sole F63 shock absorption system is fine for the majority of people, you might find the F85 worthwhile if you are heavier and/or plan to use the treadmill for hard or frequent running (as opposed to occasional running, light jogging or walking).
If you don't need the folding mechanism but would like the better spec of the F85 look at the S series of Sole treadmills (or consider the Smooth 5.25) which are non-folding. Having the folding mechanism adds to the cost and does have a slight (though with the Sole exercise treadmills not noticeable) effect on stability.
The F63 Sole treadmill offers quality at a great price backed by a superb warranty. As seen in many consumer ratings and reviews this is a great treadmill for medium use and outperforms many treadmills costing much more.
Where to Buy the Sole F63 Treadmill
You can buy the Sole F63 treadmill from Amazon for a good price with free shipping.