Quantum Fitness 3.0 Treadmill - A Good Choice?
As Quantum give their treadmills a model number relating to the Horse Power of the motor you may find the Quantum Fitness 3.0 treadmill in a number of different forms.
There's the Q3.0 S, the Q3.0 plain and simple and the Q3.0 SD.
So why three models with the same powerful motor?
Well there are some differences between them and a difference in the price too but whichever Quantum Fitness 3.0 treadmill you choose you'll not regret it. These machines spell quality all the way.
"Quantum's HealthSystems are built with the best American components for long-term reliability and durability. Every machine is carefully crafted with American pride and thoroughly tested in Quantum's Texas assembly plant before it leaves the door."
And yet the best of the bunch (the Quantum Fitness Q 3.0SD light commercial treadmill) retails for just $2,999 with the lower end Q3.0S available around $500 less. If you have that much money to spend on a treadmill we would highly recommend one of these.
Features of the Quantum Fitness 3.0 treadmills
- Each have a 3HP continuous duty motor with coated/sealed electronics and with a dual FET fail-safe system for motor control. The higher end 3.0SD motor also has an internal cooling fan in the motor and club-rated controller which helps with longevity of the motor - it is rated for light commercial use
- Massive steel frames with 1" x 3'' and 1.5" x 4" structural supports
- The higher end Q3.0 and Q3.0 SD models have a speed from 0.5mph to 12 mph - enough for even the most serious of runners whereas the Q3.0S has a top speed of 10 mph - enough for most home exercisers. Speeds are adjustable in 0.1 mph increments
- All have an incline of up to 12% rising in 0.5% increments
- The lower end Q3.0S and Q3.0 Quantum Fitness treadmills have 22" by 60" heavy duty club rated silicone impregnated belts to help reduce noise and friction. The higher end model - the Q3.0 SD has a slightly longer belt at 62". All are ample for even the tallest runners.
- Each treadmill has a 1" dual sided phenolic surfaced deck designed for durability and smooth functioning
- The smoothness is also helped by each machine having precision machined and balanced 2.5" large rollers with large industrial bearings. Larger rollers reduce wear and tear on the bearings and motor.
- Each model sports an impact absorbing dual zone suspension system for a running surface which is easier on the joints during take-off and landing movements
- The lower end model - the Q3.0S treadmill - has 16 programs including weight loss and cardio heart rate control programs, quick start, calorie goal, distance goal, speed intervals, hill interval, summit, 5K, 9 Holes, 18 Holes, fitness test and 2 custom programs. You would think that was enough variety for any workout but the two higher end models each have 30 programs including all these and others too numerous to list!
- All have a Dot Matrix, 3 Window LED intuitive and accessible display with the higher end models having a slightly larger and fancier display although all display all the information you need with feedback on heart rate, heart rate zone, speed, incline, time, calorie, distance, pace, calories per hour, laps etc
- All the 3.0 machines have a Polar telemetric heart rate monitoring system (with included strap) and also contact heart rate monitoring
- Safety features for each model include a circuit breaker, electronics static protection, and safety kill switch. The lower end Q3.0S machine has large stability handgrips in place of the handrails available on the higher end models
- Each machine measures 80" x 33.5" x 56"
- The lower end Q3.0S is a massive and stable 305 lbs while the higher end machines are 325 lbs and 335 lbs respectively.
- The power behind these machines mean that they have a large maximum weight capacity. The Q3.0S treadmill has a capacity of 375 lbs, with the Q3.0 400 lbs and the Q3.0SD 450 lbs
- All the machines have the same great warranty - 30 years on the frame, 10 years on the motor, 5 years parts (3 years parts in vertical market) and 1 year labor
Any of these Quantum Fitness 3.0 treadmill machines provide a great solution for the home purchaser looking for a quality machine which will be a pleasure to use and last for many years of hard use. Our advice would be to go for the best of the bunch - the Q3.0SD if you can afford it and you then have a gym quality machine at home at a very reasonable price indeed.
Where to Buy the Quantum Fitness 3.0 treadmill
You can buy the Quantum Fitness Q3.0SD light commercial treadmill on Amazon for a great price with free shipping. If you don't need to full range of features in the higher end SD model Amazon also has the Quantum Q3.0S home fitness treadmill.