About the Sole E25
The Sole E25 Elliptical Trainer is a bit of a dark horse among elliptical machines.
Sole themselves are not that well-known as a maker of ellipticals (although Sole treadmills are well thought of and have been a preferred supplier to major hotel chains for many years).
In fact, Sole make only a few elliptical models – the E25 elliptical machine is their entry level model and then you will only find the Sole E35 (also one of our best buy recommendations in its price range), the Sole E55, the Sole E75 and the Sole E95.
But where Sole lack the well-known brand name of other ellipticals or a confusing array of models from which to choose, they make up for in the superb quality, durability and value of their machines. And they show confidence in the build quality by providing a great warranty.
As for the E25, numerous elliptical trainer reviews show that the Sole E25 elliptical trainers are very well thought of both by those who repair ellipticals for a living and really get right into the insides of the machines and by those who decide to buy an E25 for their home gym.
For an elliptical machine around the $1000 mark, the E25 is head and shoulders above the crowd with a number of features which set it apart. With your E25 elliptical you’ll find:-
- 20″ stride length (cheaper ellipticals tend to have a much shorter choppier stride which feels unnatural especially when you get going on your machine and pick up some speed – a longer stride length is particularly appreciated by taller users.)
- patented 2 degree sloped large articulating foot pedals designed in consultation with a leading physical therapist and sports trainer to give a more comfortable elliptical action and less stress on ankles and knees – important during a length cross-training session
- Eddy Current braking system (usually found on high-end ellipticals)
- 16 resistance levels (giving you small incremental changes to go from one level to the next and with plenty of resistance at the higher levels to provide a challenging workout)
- 4 built-in programs and 1 user defined program
- 23lb flywheel for stability – in fact there is no wobble factor with this fitness equipment which you tend to find with elliptical machines at the low end of the market
- the pedals use four wheels which ride on heavy duty rails to provide a very smooth motion and reduce side to side foot pedal movement for a stable feel not normally found in ellipticals at this price range
- forward and reverse motion
- quiet in operation even at high resistance levels
- heart rate monitor with chest strap for continuous and accurate heart rate measurement as well as stationery handgrips with built in pulse sensors
- moving handlebars for upper-body workout
- clear, easy-to-use LCD display console with back light
- built in cooling fan
- water bottle holder
- 300lb maximum user weight
- Small 71″ * 27″ Footprint – taking up less space than many other quality ellipticals
- Easy assembly – many E25 reviews mention that the machine can be put together easily in less than an hour, whereas you often find complaints about assembling other brands at this price level
Sole E25 ellipticals come with a lifetime warranty on the frame, three years on parts and one year labor warranty. All service is performed at your home. This is one of the most extensive warranties found at this price range and not to be beaten among the cheap elliptical trainers we have come across, many of which have only 90 days parts and labor. (We shake our collective fist at manufacturers who expect their ellipticals to last only 90 days!)
Of course no elliptical machine is perfect and for this money you can’t have everything although you get an awful lot. The few things we have found in our extensive research are:-
- the cooling fan is not very effective (You’ll typically find that fans built into fitness equipment such as treadmills and ellipticals are generally not powerful enough to use as your only cooling mechanism if you tend to get overly hot when you work out. Our advice (whatever elliptical you choose)is to purchase a separate free-standing fan for a few dollars from somewhere like Wallmart and place it by your machine as you work out.
- the fitness program options are few in the E25 – just 4 elliptical fitness programs plus one user defined workout with no heart rate controlled program. In practise, you will probably find that the number of programs is enough for you. Many who enjoy working out on elliptical equipment just set up their required resistance manually and change it as required without even bothering with programs built into their machine. And you can monitor your heart rate percentage on the console and adjust your workout accordingly without a problem. (Many buyers of other elliptical machines get swayed by the number of programs and gadgets the elliptical has rather than thinking about how many they will actually use or about the quality of the machine).
- some say that the Sole E35 elliptical trainer is better value for money giving you a longer warranty, heavier flywheel with more stability and more programs. It’s true that the E35 is a better model for a few hundred dollars more and you might like to look at our review of the E35 if the E25 is not the top of your budget. But if you just have enough in your budget for the E25 you can still be happy that you are getting great value and quality for your money.
Despite any of these issues most people are delighted by the E25
“Very quiet and sturdy just like at the gym. Easy to use and love the features. We are very pleased with this product and would recommend it to others”
Meghann H from Richmond, VA
” This is the best value for an elliptical in its price range. ”
www.treadmilldoctor.com Sole E25 Elliptical Review
“Best Rated Elliptical Under $1000”
www.treadmillsensei.com Sole E25 Review
“…money has obviously gone into the dual wheel rollers & eddy current brakes that provide such a silky feel to the elliptical motion.”
www.allellipticals.com Sole E25 Elliptical Reviews
The E25 is a great choice if you have around $1000 to spend and are looking for a quality heavy-duty home elliptical trainer which you’ll enjoy using for many years to come.
Where to Buy the Sole E25 Elliptical Trainer
You can often find the Sole E25 at a discount but be sure to factor in shipping in your price comparison. We found the best deals with free shipping at Sports Authority and Amazon.
If you would like someone to bring your fitness equipment indoors, unpack and assemble it then you might like to also look at Treadmillcentral which has the E25 at a good price and will carry out this service for you for an additional $237 (extra charges apply for stairs).